Habari Core

Lots more work has gone into refining Habari 0.7 this week. There were 28 commits changing 2,289 lines of code, 9 new tickets, and 6 closed tickets.

Rick was able to land several fixes for moving core code from using the old Tags structure to the new Vocabulary system. He also updated a couple of Vocabulary-related unit tests, fixed Vocabulary problems in core themes, added the ability to delete custom post content types, and managed to close 2 tickets in the process.

Owen refined a lot of the Blocks / Areas code, making it possible for plugins and themes to define their own Scopes and reducing the complexity of configuring and outputting block content.

Michael made another batch of changes to quickly bring some of our code into line with the established Coding Standards.

I fixed a bug in the Charcoal theme when displaying the URL of a comment author, uncovered a bug or two and created tickets, and found that a bug reported in a ticket was caused by some code for publishing posts that’s poorly placed in the admin and needs refactoring. I also rewrote our entire Subversion hook for detecting changes in the Extras repository and building zip files for the /dist list so it’s much more concise and easier to maintain, though it’s not quite ready for production yet.

Habari Extras

The contributed extras repository is where the real fun’s at this week. There were 57 commits changing a massive 3,580 lines of code!

Rick and Mike both put a huge amount of work into getting the Threaded Comments plugin cleaned up and back into shape.

Owen updated the Gray theme so that it works in 0.7 and used it as a testbed for implementing all his Blocks and Areas code. Anyone looking to play with these features should check out Gray for the most current examples.

I made a few additional tweaks to the Export plugin, which exports your blog into the BlogML XML format for easy backups or porting to other systems. I also created and tagged the 0.1 release of the Export Snapshot plugin, which builds on the Export plugin and lets you keep point-in-time snapshot exports of your blog for later download or restore.

Colin also swooped in and surprised us with an update to the Twitter plugin so that it now works with the new OAuth authentication system they’re using. Very cool!

Originally published and updated .
comments powered by Disqus